The subject of doors may not typically be the first thing on your mind, but if you’re someone who is renovating, designing your dream home or building a new business location, it’s something worth covering. From residential to commercial contexts, the various types of doors now available on the market differ significantly; some come with capabilities designed to combat high foot traffic, while others boast aesthetics to suit interior design aspects. So, what exactly should you keep in mind when you’re looking for the right type?
In this post, we’re going to be looking at commercial door types, and all of the must-knows you need to consider during your hunt.
How many different types are there?
A door opens and closes – that’s about the gist of it, right? Well, yes, but there are also a few other key considerations that are worthwhile covering.
Commercial designs are tailored to withstand the environment they’re used in and are typically more durable than residential options. However, they don’t always boast the same look as residential options, so it’s important to understand what choices you need to make.
Some of the most common designs for commercial spaces include:
- Aluminium: A durable, long-lasting design that’s made with a material that is easy to maintain. Very little upkeep is required, and it’s often the first choice when more glass is needed in the design itself.
- Fibreglass: For those that want the beauty of a wooden door, but with the long lifespan, this is the perfect option. It’s also easy to maintain and provides energy-efficiency that other alternatives simply can’t match.
- Metal: Hollow designs of metal doors are longer lasting than those mentioned above. They’re also more cost-effective and are usually found in high-impact environments, like warehouses. In a lot of cases, they’re also given the role of acting as a security door.
- Wooden: Probably the crowd-favourite, wooden doors offer both a timeless and contemporary touch, all with the homeliness that this material is known for. It does require more upkeep, however, but is made for both interior or exterior applications.
How to choose the right one for your property
Just like all other structural aspects of your property, you’ll need to ask yourself a few questions when you’re picking out a door.
- Are you concerned about security? Metal or aluminium options may be more suitable than wooden.
- What kind of budget are you working with? Metal doors may offer more cost-effectiveness than other alternatives.
- Are you after energy-efficiency? Remember, fibreglass is known for providing an energy-efficient approach to the door design.
- What style are you aiming for? If you’re looking for a vintage touch or more welcoming environment, wood might be your top pick. If you’re a warehouse that just needs to make sure your assets are safe and sound, instead of prioritising style, it’s likely metal is the go.
If you’re not sure where to start or what kind of design would suit your needs best, we recommend getting in touch with the experts at MCG Windows now. Call 9723 9705.